An exciting opportunity to join our Taunton team as a Bookkeeper/Payroll Technician!
By MHA Monahans Posted 20 March 2018
This is a varied role, undertaking bookkeeping whilst servicing an allocation of client payrolls (weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly and monthly).
You will be required to complete VAT returns for allocated clients, compose correspondence to clients, tax office, and registrar of companies.
In addition, you will co-ordinate the full payroll process for your client allocation including starters, leavers, accurate calculation of PAYE and national insurance deductions, statutory absence payments and completion of the end of year documentation.
The role is client focused, so excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure within a team, are essential.
• 1-2 years or more Payroll/Bookkeeping experience
• Education to A level or equivalent is desirable
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Being organised, methodical and diplomatic
• Prioritise time effectively to manage own client payroll allocation
• Full client liaison to process payroll accurately and efficiently
• Client focussed
• Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, to produce letters and spreadsheets
• Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
• Good VAT knowledge
• Knowledge of a number cloud accounting packages (Xero / Freeagent / Quickbooks online / Kashflow / Sageone)
• Knowledge of a number desktop accounting packages (SAGE / Quickbooks)
• Knowledge of payroll software packages (Sage / HMRC / Star)
This position will bring a wealth of opportunity to develop skills and work with a large variety of clients.
Please forward a full CV with a covering letter outlining relevant experience to email@example.com
Please specify ‘Taunton Bookkeeper/Payroll Technician’ in the subject box when applying.
We endeavour to respond to all applications as quickly as possible however due to high volumes this is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. We reserve the right to commence the selection process before the end of the close date should an adequate number of suitable candidates apply.
We would like to thank you for your interest in MHA Monahans.