Converting to an Academy or already converted?
Let us guide you.
MHA Monahans are specialists in the education field and deal with Academy clients throughout Wiltshire and Somerset. Our education specialists have worked with schools assisting them with gaining academy status and then supporting them with the various regulatory requirements afterwards.
Our services to our academy clients include:
- Accounts preparation in accordance with the Academy Financial Handbook, the Charities SORP and the Companies Act
- Audit of the accounts
- Advice on the design and implementation of financial systems and controls
- Advice on choosing appropriate accounting policies eg. fixed assets depreciation rates
- Review and advice on the chart of accounts
- A VAT review and advice on the best method for the academy to reclaim VAT
- Advice on the best structure for any commercial trading activities
- Advice and support with year end procedures
- Assistance with the completion of the Accounts Return and dealing with the EFA questions that may result from this
- Operation of the academy payroll
- Teachers’ Pension Agency Return audit