Zircon Software provides software engineering services to clients for control, information and testing purposes. They aid with the development of complete software applications, or consultancy services in areas such as requirements analysis, design, verification and validation, and project management.
The client had received expert advice from our HR Services and wanted the reassurance of similar good quality relationship lead support in H&S.
Zircon were conscious that they needed effective and a user-friendly H&S system to enable them to protect their staff, and tender for large commercial contracts.
How we helped
MHA Monahans worked closely with Zircon to ensure that we really understood the risks of their business. From this fact finding exercise, we created a user-friendly health and safety management system which included:-
- Identifying key areas of risk for the business both for staff and others that may be affected by their activities
- Creating risk assessments that controlled these risks, such as manual handling and electrical shock
- Creating policies for each risk which explained to staff how risks would be controlled
- Instigating regular reviews of the workplace, to monitor light, air-conditioning, trip hazards, working spaces, computer equipment usage, and other facilities, to ensure that they remain fit for use on a daily basis by all staff.
- Understanding the workforce diversity, to set up safeguards and adaptive equipment policies within the workplace.
This management system was bespoke to Zircon and was designed to evolve as procedures changed and contracts won, ensuring that Zircon remain flexible in a competitive market.